A man was trapped in the bathroom as firefighters attended a call for a house fire this morning.
The blaze broke out on a staircase in a property on Highfield Road in Frizinghall at around 6.10am.
A hose reel, two breathing apparatus and positive pressure ventilation had to be used during the effort to put out the fire.
The man in the toilet was led out to safety by firefighters. He had suffered smoke inhalation, so first aid was administered by fire crews, and he was left in the care of paramedics.
Crews from Bradford Fire Station and Fairweather Green Fire Station attended the property.
A spokesperson from the Service said: “Fire on the staircase, one hose reel, two breathing apparatus and positive pressure ventilation used.
“One adult male was trapped in the toilet; fire survival was given by control operator and the individual was led to safety by fire service personnel.
“The male suffered smoke inhalation, first aid was administered by fire crews, and he was left in the care of paramedics.
“Smoke detection installed and working. Two appliances from Bradford and one from Fairweather Green attended along with a fire investigation officer.”