Three hundred of the most remarkable British Muslims are shortlisted as finalists for the ninth British Muslim Awards 2022 after hundreds of nominations across the country.
The award exists to recognise a wide range of achievements from inspiring individuals. This includes those who positively impact business, charity, sport, arts, culture, religious advocacy, education and medicine among others.
The awards showcase the strength of the British Muslim community, their impact on our culture and their achievements over the last year.
Categories include Muslim in the Community, Young Achiever of the Year and Spirit of Britain.
The event will be held on Thursday 24 February in the British Muslim, Heritage Centre in Manchester, where some of the most accomplished and influential Muslims will gather for a night to celebrate their success.
The ninth British Muslim Awards 2022 is organised by Oceanic Consulting – the UK’s leading ethnic awards company.
CEO of Oceanic Consulting, Irfan Younis, said: “The British Muslim community is one to really be celebrated and talked about.
“They’re a community of amazing achievements, skilled entrepreneurs, business acumen, social mobility and inspiring role models who have consistently gone from strength to strength. Best of luck to all finalists, we look forward to an exciting night.”
There are ten finalists from Leeds for the British Muslim Awards 2022. They are:
- Aisha Iqbal Khan – Media achievement of the Year
- Noushin Aslam Raja – Noor Inayat Khan Muslim Woman of the Year
- Jabeen Tahir – The Mohammed Sarwar Civil Service Award
- Tariq Javaid – Achievements in Accounting & Finance
- Mursal Hedayat – Spirit of Britain
- Mohammed Dulaimi – Service to Education
- 2plan Wealth Management – Small Business of the Year
- Waheed Ahmad – Professional in Business
- Afshan Hashmi – Outstanding Achievement of the Year
- Farrah Khan – Outstanding Achievement of the Year