Since moving to ’Plan B’ Covid-19 restrictions last week and health secretary Sajid Javid announcing yesterday that daily lateral flow testing will replace the 10-day self-isolation period for people who have come into contact with somebody with covid more and more people are needing lateral flow tests.
Boris Johnson announced on Sunday that Britain has enough lateral flow test kits to last for the next few weeks however the online ordering system has been down for over 24 hours, citing “there are no rapid lateral flow tests available to order today for home delivery.”
The other way to get them is from a pharmacy or collection point. From October, you need a QR or sixteen-digit code to collect the kits.
Each kit contains seven tests, one for each day. The Government advises that lateral flow testing should only be used for people who are not displaying any Covid-19 symptoms.
It takes 30 minutes for lateral flow kits to return a result.
People displaying symptoms should book a PCR home kit or an appointment at a testing site, which can be viewed here.
Here are the pharmacies in Bradford that have lateral flow testing kits in stock.
- Boots, Forster Square, 25 Charles Street, BD1 1US. Open from 7am to 9pm.
- Gibsons Pharmacy, Undercliffe Hlth Care Ctr, BD2 4RA. Open from 8.30am to 6pm.
- Fagley Pharmacy, 75 Fagley Road, BD2 3LS. Open from 9am to 6pm.
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 2 Butler Street, BD3 0BS. Open from 8am to 6.30pm.
- Robertson Pharmacy, 175 Otley Road, BD3 0HX. Open from 8am to 6pm.
- Chelmsford Road Pharmacy, 47 Chelmsford Road, BD3 8QN. Open from 08.30am to 6.15pm.
- Boots, 845 Barkerend Rd, BD3 8QJ. Open from 9am to 6.15pm.
- Day Night Pharmacy, 101 Killinghall Road, BD3 8AB. Open from 8am to 11pm.
- Morrisons Pharmacy, Morrisons Supermarket, BD3 7HZ. Open from 08.30am to 8pm.
- Blackstone Pharmacy, 43 Coventry Street, BD4 7HX. Open from 9am to 6pm.
- Boots, Park Rd, BD5 0SG. Open from 8am to 6.30pm.
Lloyds Pharmacy, 1 Fair Rd, Wibsey, Bradford BD6 1TP. Open from 9am to 6.30pm,
- Midnight Pharmacy, 354 Great Horton Road, BD7 1QJ. Open from 8.30am to 11.59pm.
- Health-Check Pharmacy, 127 Great Horton Road, BD7 1PS. Open from 9am to 6pm.
- Siddique Pharmacy, 215 Great Horton Road, BD7 3BG. Open from 7am to 9pm.
- Horton Grange Pharmacy, 82-84 Horton Grange Road, BD7 3AQ. Open from 9am to 7pm.
- City Road Pharmacy, 100-102 City Road, BD8 8JT. Open from 9am to 7pm.
- Lister Pharmacy, Westbourne Green, BD8 8RA. Open from 8.30am to 8pm.
- Morrisons Pharmacy, Morrisons BD8 9TP. Open from 8.30am to 8.30pm.